Real estate can be easy to acquire and you can do it yourself, but as with any major purchase or sale is it not better to have a professional to guide you? Especially if it involves one of, if not the largest asset you own or will purchase?
If you are not 100% familiar with the process and specifics of the area you are selling (or buying) within, a licensed agent is a must. From understanding the purchase contract, disclosures, pest reports, zoning reports, permits, exclusions, requirements (and what isn’t required), to timeframes and timing, escrow, title and financing, you are better served having a solid team of professionals who know exactly what they are doing, working for you.
Without having an agent on your side, you won’t have all the background, history and accurate data necessary for negotiating.
Going at it alone can be a bad idea… My job is making sure you are covered from start to finish.
Here are 10 reasons you should use a professional:
1. You’ll have access to a network of lending partners who deal with more than 50 companies to assist in financing. Not only do they have access to the very best rates & terms, but they also know who will fund your exact situation. Banks & mortgage companies sometimes offer very limited options.
2. You will have inside information that you couldn’t get without me. You might know that some of the best properties sell before they are ever advertised to the public. Not only do I know of properties that are available but not yet advertised, but I’ll also do extensive research and put the word out to hundreds of active agents to help find you exactly what you want. With over 1,000 properties on the market, the task of finding the right place can be overwhelming.
3. You’ll save time in the selection process. Once I get your ‘wish list’ of what your property must have and should have, I’ll access a variety of resources that are available only to industry professionals and put together a list for you. From there, you’ll tell me what properties you are interested in seeing and I’ll get you in right away. Before we go looking, you’ll have the back-story on each place.
4. I’ll give you objective, detailed information about each property you may be interested in, my expert opinion on its value and daily market action updates. I’m familiar with zoning, schools and neighborhoods, Santa Barbara micro-climates, utilities and community information, all of these things may help you make a more informed decision.
5. Negotiating is more than just price, it includes financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement is where I’ll really be able to help. I’ll make sure it provides an appropriate period of time to complete inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. I’ll walk you through which investigations and inspections are recommended and/or required.
6. Dealing with inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank, soil and well tests, just to name a few, can be a daunting task. I’ll assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do any required (or optional) investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property.
7. Escrow can be a frustrating process. If any paperwork is missing, incomplete or incorrect… a report, a signature, anything, escrow will be delayed and will not close. My team will be on top of your transaction every step of the way so you don’t have to worry about it, we will handle it for you.
8. When selling your home, I’ll provide you with an up-to-date comparative market analysis that includes competing properties on the market, what has been sold and the market action. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Getting your house sold is both a science and an art. Let me help by making suggestions and/or arranging to improve curb appeal, landscape maintenance, clutter removal, de-personalization, staging and cosmetic work. A marketing plan including when, where and how (open houses, multiple online forums, print, word of mouth, etc.). My team will do all we can to see that your house sells fast and for the most money. *Statistics show that people who sell through a Realtor, receive more money for their property.
10. I’ll help you objectively evaluate any buyer's proposal without compromising your financial or marketing position. The initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing, there a lot of possible pitfalls.